For professional women, distinction is key.
Colors gleam. Details pop. Fits flatter. A strategic wardrobe lends you the tools you need to create an empowering, refined, and confident look—and opens the many exciting doors that follow.
From galleries to boutiques, retail to trunk shows, I’ve always had a keen eye for fashion and details, as well as art, design, and textiles. When I opened the Margo Hasen Boutique in 1987 showcasing artisan accessories and emerging fashion designers, I had the opportunity to work with personal shoppers styling cohesive looks for their clients. As I assisted them in selecting and matching the right pieces, I discovered my passion went far beyond creating accessories, or selling the right fit.
I became fascinated with holistic styling—selecting flattering, chic, and personality-appropriate pieces, teaching women to put them together strategically, and creating a closet full of winning looks. Not long after, I founded a style and wardrobe consulting business: The Style Strategist.
I’m a Certificate Image Professional and one of the first members of Association of Image Consultants International. As NYC chapter board member for five years, I was named most valuable member in 2007. I have a degree in Fashion and Image Consulting from Parsons School of Design.
When I’m not helping New York City women achieve their style potential, I enjoy evenings at the theater, ballet, or dining with friends. I love to travel, explore the city, and spend two weeks on Fire Island in the summer with my partner, John.
A woman does not simply wear a dress: She lives in it.
– Hubert Givenchy
My Style Philosophy
The cut of a dress. The drape of a scarf. A pocket’s stitch. Powerful expression is found in vivid details. When crafting a style, I pay close attention to the particular components that can truly make your look unique.
You deserve to stand out and be remembered. Rather than causing stress or dismay, your wardrobe should be a tool that helps you look and feel your best. Together, we’ll build one that captures your personal preferences—and allows your vibrant authenticity to shine. I work on the following principles:
- Clothing should elevate your mood, awaken your spirit, and boost your confidence.
- It’s all about your attitude—not your age.
- A little bit of funky is fabulous.
- Feeling comfortable means feeling like yourself.
- Know your style—and yourself—to accentuate the positive.
- Style strategy liberates you to move through your day with conviction.
- Each season is an opportunity to integrate gorgeous items that round out your look.
- Work the old. Envision items you already have in new contexts.
- Fill the holes with distinct, flattering, and inspiring new clothing.
- Certified Image Professional, Association of Image Consultants International
- Image Consulting Certificate, Parsons: The New School For Design
- Courses in Fashion, Image, Jewelry Design and Fabrication: Fashion Institute of Technology
- Studies of Image Consulting, Association of Image Consultants International
- BS University of Wisconsin